What is a Citation Template?
A citation template generates a reference note source citation for a book, periodical, collective work or a manuscript. The model contains all of the necessary elements to create a complete citation of your source. When you insert the citation template using a keyboard shortcut or mouse click, it is an instantaneous operation—almost as if the text appears by magic. After inserting the citation template, all you have to do is type and tab through the fields following the default text prompts with your source specific text. Instructions are included with the templates.
Current Citations Available
- Cemeteries-BillionGraves, Findagrave
- Census (slave)-years 1850 and 1860
- Census (state)
- Census (U.S.)-all 16 census returns from 1790 to 1950
- DAR/SAR-Membership, Supplelmental, Documentation File and Genealogical Records Committee-Courtesy of Eric Grundset
- Databases-Ancestry, FamilySearch, Fold3 and New York City Archives
- Death Certificate (state)
- DNA-18 different DNA Citations-Courtesy of Angie Bush
- Draft Cards-WWI and WWII
- Naturalization-Declaration and Petition for Naturalization
- Newspaper Websites-ChroniclingAmerica, GenealogyBank, GoogleNews, Newspapers.com
- Obituary Websites-Ancestry, Legacy, ObitsforLife, Obituaries.com, Rootsweb, Tributes
- Public Record Websites (new)-411.com, Intelius, BeenVerified, AdvancedBackgroundChecks, Spokeo, Whitepages.com
- Public Records (old)-Ancestry, FamilySearch
- Public Trees-Ancestry
- Ship Manifests
- Social-Facebook and Linkedin
- SSDI (Social Security Death Index)
U.S Census Sample
1790 U.S census, County, State, Town, p.X, line X, Firstname Lastname household; image, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : viewed May 2015), citing National Archives microfilm M637, roll X.
Public Record Sample
"People Search," database, Intelius.com (http://www.intelius.com : accessed 2 January 2019), entry for Name, age, Place.
Note: At this present time, 26 February 2023, Microsoft Word for Mac 2016, 2019 and 365 do NOT support custom toolbars. They are working on it but until then there are three options for Word Mac 2016:
- Use keyboard shortcuts to trigger the macros until Word toolbars are completed-
- Create custom tabs with the macros. See my new support page for info-
- Use Word for Mac 2011-
If you would like tech support or a tutorial for any of these templates click here-
Custom Citation and Template Work $60.00/Hour U.S.D