The Mission at Knox Trail Ances-Tree is to provide clients with thorough, accurate, properly-sourced research and analysis of historical records, for the preservation of family history.
Knox Trail Ances-Tree is a full service genealogical research company based in the Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. The owner and primary researcher, Brent Chadwick, has 20 years of research experience in vital records retrieval, probate records and land transactions, in all of the New England states, as well as Eastern New York. Knox Trail Ances-Tree can help you trace your family history by thoroughly researching birth, marriage, death, probate records and land transactions. All research is conducted confidentially and ethically, adhering to the Association of Professional Genealogists code of Ethics.
I am a family historian and professional genealogist specializing in Berkshire County, Massachusetts. I do client research in the New England area, am involved with the local chapter of New England Association of Professional Genealogists, and other genealogical societies in the Massachusetts area. My personal research has spanned 20 years primarily in the Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont areas of New England.
- Certificate in Genealogical Research from Boston University, Spring 2011
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference, NERGC (Springfield, Massachusetts) April 2011
- North Hills Genealogy Conference (Pittsburgh Pennsylvania) October 2011, 2012, 2014
- ProGen 15 Alumnus. Administrator: Angela Packer McGhie, Mentor: Sandra M. Hewlett, CGSM February 2012-August 2013
- NGS Annual Conference (Cincinnati, Ohio) May 2012
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (G.R.I.P. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) July 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2023
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference, NERGC (Manchester, New Hampshire) April 2013
- Association of Professional Genealogists Professional Management Conference (PMC Salt Lake City) January 2015
- Forensic Genealogy Institute Dallas Texas (FGI), March 2015
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference, NERGC (Providence, Rhode Island) April 2015
- New York State Family History Conference Syracuse New York, September 2015
- Association of Professional Genealogists Professional Management Conference (PMC Fort Wayne, Indiana) September 2016
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference, NERGC (Springfield, Massachusetts) April 2017
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) Professional Management Conference (PMC Arlington, Virginia) September 2017
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG) Professional Management Conference (PMC Kansas City, Missouri) October 2018
- New England Regional Genealogical Conference, NERGC (Springfield, Massachusetts) April 2023
What's in the name?
The name comes from the Knox Trail that runs from Fort Ticonderoga to Bunker Hill, which was used by General Henry Knox to deliver cannons and artillery during the Revolutionary War. You can find more detailed information at the Mass Moments Site.